Filming & Access
Interested in commercial filming or photography at Georgia Aquarium? Are you a digital influencer or member of the media looking to visit the Aquarium for a story? See the below information to help with your request!
PLEASE NOTE: Georgia Aquarium has reopened with COVID-19 precautions. For more info click here.
Commercial Filming at Georgia Aquarium
To submit a request, a Filming and Photography Application must be completed via the link below. Your application will automatically be sent to the Communications team.
Before submitting your application please read carefully:
- At least three (3) weeks' notice is required for filming and photo requests and must be approved by the Communications team.
- Commercial filming / photo productions may be charged filming fees with additional fees as necessary based on the production's request(s). A fee estimate will be provided if a filming is approved.
- A rush fee may be incurred for filming date requests under three (3) weeks' notice.
- All filming at Georgia Aquarium must follow Georgia Aquarium’s Commercial Filming and Photography Guidelines.
- Kindly please allow up to three (3) business days for a response.
- Filming or photo shoots during peak attendance periods (i.e. holidays and weekends) cannot be accommodated.
- Due to the high volume of filming requests received, student productions cannot be accommodated.
- If a filming request is approved, a Location Agreement must be signed by all parties. Outside location agreements will not be signed.
- Georgia Aquarium reserves the right to cancel any shoot at any time if it is not in the best interest of the animals, staff, or guests, or if it defies the Aquarium’s mission or any of the guidelines outlined.
On-Site Traditional Media Requests
- To request an interview or filming for a traditional news media outlet or publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members of the media covering a story related to Georgia Aquarium must contact the Communications team to request interviews or access before admittance.
- No media will be admitted if they arrive on-site for day-of filming withour prior approval from the Communications team.
Media & Blogger Ticket Admissions Policy
The media and blogger ticket admission policies at Georgia Aquarium enable active and working media (not including administration, sales, or retired personnel), bloggers, and digital influencers the opportunity to become familiar with Georgia Aquarium.
- Inquiries about complimentary or discounted tickets must completely fill out and submit one of the appropriate application forms listed below at least five (5) business days prior to their desired visit date.
- As a non-profit organization, discounts and complimentary tickets are provided on a case-by-case basis, availability, and are not guaranteed.
- Any tickets or discounts offered do not include parking fees.
Please note: While recording and photography devices are allowed in the Aquarium, no professional grade cameras, lenses, boom mics, lighting, etc. will be allowed without permission from the Communications team.
Celebrities and VIPs
- If a celebrity/VIP is interested in visiting Georgia Aquarium, notification must be submitted to the Communications and Guest Programs departments. Requests are reviewed on an individual basis.
- All celebrities/VIPs are given the option to have confidential visits to the Aquarium. In this case, they are required to pay for all of the costs of their experience.
- Certain celebrities/VIPs are offered complimentary services in exchange for various media opportunities.