ATLANTA (June 24, 2015) - The fun is endless this summer at Georgia Aquarium! With programs ranging from animal interactions and encounters to educational camps to exclusive summer events and discounts, there is something for guests of all ages to enjoy. Here are five things you don’t want to miss this summer:
1. Deals on Deals on Deals – throughout the summer, Georgia Aquarium is offering a variety of discounted ticket options:
- Early Bird Online Discount– beat the crowds and avoid the ticket counter lines by purchasing an early bird discount ticket. Get access to all of the Aquarium galleries and exhibits, Deepo’s Undersea 3D Wondershow, and the new Aquanaut Adventure all while saving $7 on your tickets! To receive the discount, just purchase your tickets online and arrive at the Aquarium between 9 and 10a.m.
- Imagination Nights – Imagine shorter lines, upfront views of galleries and exhibits and extended evening hours—yep, you’re thinking of our Imagination Nights! Imagination Nights gives you the opportunity to experience the Aquarium after 5p.m. with Total Ticket admission and special evening performances of our AT&T Dolphin Tales show.
- Happy Birthday Georgia Residents! – Live in Georgia and have a birthday coming up? Spend your day at the Aquarium for FREE and celebrate your special day with us. Just bring a valid form of identification to the ticket window to get your free Total Ticket to get access to all shows and galleries. Happy Birthday to you!
2. 4th of July Festivities
- Celebrate with Georgia Aquarium Red, White and Brew style from 7 to 10p.m. with unlimited beer, food, live music and the best view of the Centennial Olympic Park fireworks show! Held in our Oceans Ballroom, you’ll have views of whale sharks, manta rays, beluga whales and more while you enjoy your evening.
- Bring the whole family to Red, White and View from 7:30 to 10p.m. for the best seats in Atlanta for fireworks! Also enjoy carnival games, arts & crafts, a live DJ, summertime deserts and beverages and more!
- Proceeds from Red, White and Brew benefit Georgia Aquarium’s Sponsored Education Admission (SEA) program, teacher development and H2O summer camps!
3. Fun for the whole School of Fish
- Our new Aquanauts Adventure offers a fun and educational experience for the kiddos to dive into the world of sea creatures and more! Included in all Total Tickets, Aquanauts Adventure is a fun, interactive experience utilizing iPads that guide you through several challenges and galleries along the way.
- Want all of the benefits of a drive-in movie but in downtown Atlanta? We have that too! This summer, bring the whole family to the parking deck rooftop for a special Dive-In movie showing of "Penguins of Madagascar" in June and "Home" in July!
- Our atrium shows are designed to be spectacular, and this summer we have an all new atrium show, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea! In this 15-20 minute show, join us as Captain Nemo explores the depths of the sea and meets mythological creatures such as mer-people and the Kraken!
4. Hydrogen + Oxygen + Georgia Aquarium = Camp H2O!
- Let your child’s imagination grow with our Atlanta day camp, Camp H2O. Camp H2O is an exciting experience for children grades First through Fifth, offered during summer break. Our programs provide campers with a unique experience that involves animal encounters, behind-the-scenes tours, opportunities to meet the animal caregivers and much more. Your child is sure to have an unforgettable summer experience at Camp H2O.
5. Immerse yourself in the Full Experience with Animal Encounters!
- After you’ve seen the galleries, exhibits, shows, and gone on a Behind the Seas Tour, participate in one of our many animal encounters. We give you the chance to interact with our African penguins, participate in a pool-side dolphin encounter, as well as a unique sea otter encounter! Want to take it up a step more? Check out our once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to swim and dive with the gentle giants—whale sharks! Now, that dolphinitely sounds like fun!
ABOUT GEORGIA AQUARIUM
Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, Ga., is one of the world’s most dynamic aquariums—containing more than 10 million gallons of water and the largest collection of aquatic animals. The mission of Georgia Aquarium is to be a premier scientific institution delivering an awe-inspiring entertainment experience which supports animal research and conservation; inspires learning; and instills a passion for the aquatic world. Its exhibits and programs are of the highest standards, offering engaging guest encounters that promote the conservation of marine biodiversity throughout the world. Georgia Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums. For additional information, visit www.georgiaaquarium.org.