ATLANTA (March 23, 2015) - Spring break has begun, but you don't have to travel around the world to get up close and personal with animals from all over with the ultimate Atlanta "stay-cation." A visit to Georgia Aquarium gives families the chance to learn about aquatic life together while creating an impactful experience that will last a lifetime.
Georgia Aquarium is home to over 10 million gallons of water and hundreds of engaging and impressive species of animals. Georgia Aquarium was also recently named among the top five best animal attractions in the 2015 FamilyFun Travel Awards.
Check out the top five must-have experience at Georgia Aquarium to have with your family this spring break.
- Aquanaut Adventure: A Discovery Zone: Check out Georgia Aquarium’s newest exhibit, Aquanaut Adventure. This unique experience allows parents and children to learn about aquatic life as they complete a series of educational and fascinating challenges. This educational journey through the Aquarium’s previously-behind-the-scenes areas challenges guests of all ages through a series of activities in a variety of immersive environments. Aquanaut Adventure is included in admission to Georgia Aquarium.
- Animal Encounters and Interactions: Guests can go behind the scenes and enjoy an exclusive personal experience with one of our aquatic animals through a Georgia Aquarium animal encounter or interactive program. During each program guests can learn more each animal and their care from one of Georgia Aquarium’s expert trainers, and snap a photo to take home, courtesy of Georgia Aquarium. Guests can choose from a Penguin Encounter, Dolphin Encounter, Sea Otter Encounter, or a Journey with Gentle Giants swim or dive program.
- AT&T Dolphin Tales: The AT&T Dolphin Tales show, a first-of-its-kind production, was more than two years in the making. It is an experience you won’t want to miss which entertains, motivates and inspires guests. The show incorporates the beauty and agility of dolphins, live human actors, dramatic costuming and amazing effects. AT&T Dolphin Tales shows are held throughout the day and is included in Georgia Aquarium admission.
- Behind the Seas Tours: Explore the secrets of Georgia Aquarium! Behind-the-scenes tours are available for guests interested in learning more about the day-to-day operations of the Aquarium and learn more about our animals and their care.
- Explore! Atrium Show: This one-of-a-kind live show combines live-action film, animation, acrobatics, large-scale puppetry and dance. Explore! takes guests on an aquatic adventure that opens the imagination and explores our connection to the ocean. Dancing Sea Stars, a sponge diver and a 17-foot long whale shark puppet all join this journey of the world’s aquatic habitats. Explore! runs twice a day on weekends through May 23 and is complimentary with admission to Georgia Aquarium.
ABOUT GEORGIA AQUARIUM
Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, Georgia, contains more than 10 million gallons of water and the largest collection of aquatic animals. The mission of Georgia Aquarium is to be an entertaining, educational and scientific institution featuring exhibits and programs of the highest standards; offering engaging and exciting guest experiences promoting the conservation of aquatic biodiversity throughout the world. Georgia Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums. For additional information, visit www.georgiaaquarium.org.