ATLANTA (June 7, 2016) - We have a packed schedule of events this summer at Georgia Aquarium! Get ready to mark your calendars, because we’ve compiled the top five events happening at Georgia Aquarium this summer to help stave off the summer blues.
World Oceans Day Celebration
June 8-11, 2016
Georgia Aquarium has extended World Oceans Day into four days of fun and education! Georgia Aquarium hopes to expose visitors to the wonders of the oceans and educate about how we can protect our ocean from pollutions and marine debris.
- Turtle Time , Wednesday, June 8, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Celebrate World Oceans Day with us! Our first day is all about turtles. There will be turtle games, you can build a turtle puppet and sign a pledge card to save our oceans (including our turtle friends)!
- Party with Sea Lions!, Thursday, June 9, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Join us as we celebrate our newest friends, California sea lions! Learn about pinnipeds with fun and interactive activities.
- Healthy Planet, Healthy Oceans , Friday, June 10, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Learn to reduce and reuse plastics to keep them out of our waterways and landfills and why we should care about sustainable seafood and what we can do. Explore “Washed Ashore,” our traveling exhibit made of ocean trash.
- Sustainable Sushi Class – 21 and over, June 10, 2016, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Join Georgia Aquarium for our first ever sustainable sushi class! This 21 and over event will include rolling two sushi rolls, one salmon roll and one veggie or shrimp roll, wine, dumplings, spring rolls, edamame and dessert! Get ready to roll into a wealth of knowledge about sustainable seafood, why it’s important and what you can do. You will take home your own bamboo mat, chopsticks and a recipe card for additional items you can make at home. Don’t miss out on this first ever, unique event at Georgia Aquarium!
- World Oceans Party!, Saturday, June 11, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: On Saturday, we’ll combine everything for a World Oceans Day party. There will be recycling and sustainable fishing games, as well as sea lion and turtle activities, a photo booth and more!
For more information about World Oceans Day or to purchase tickets for the sustainable sushi class, click here.
Oceans and Autos Car & Bike Show
June 17 – 19, 2016
Head on over to Georgia Aquarium with dad this Father’s Day Weekend for the Oceans and Autos Car and Bike Show to view an impressive array of over 50 automobiles and motorcycles. Whether you prefer an old classic car like the 1909 Harvester or cars from present day, this event has both. Oceans and Autos guests will also have the chance to meet the host of “My Classic Car,” Dennis Gage, Saturday, June 18 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.!
Guests can visit both the Aquarium and car show for the price of general admission, plus a $10 car show admission price. For guests only attending the car show, a $20 ticket option is also available. Also, don’t forget, on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 19, fathers receive half off general Aquarium admission with one full paying adult.
Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band – Military Benefit Concert
June 18, 2016
8:30 p.m., Gates open at 6:30 p.m.
Georgia Aquarium welcomes guests to the Military Benefit Concert put on by Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band in Pemberton Place! Whether boosting morale on military bases at home and abroad or raising awareness at benefit concerts across the country, the Lt. Dan Band entertains and builds communities with an explosive live show everywhere it goes. One Hundred percent of the proceeds from the concert will be split between Georgia Aquarium’s Veteran Immersion Program and the Gary Sinise Foundation. So, come on out for a night of fun and to support a good cause!
All military, veterans and their family members are eligible to receive complimentary concert tickets, thanks to a generous grant provided by The Marcus Foundation and The Home Depot. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the complimentary coupon code.
Public admission tickets to the Lt. Dan Band Concert are $34 plus tax and are on sale now at https://www.freshtix.com/events/ltdanbandconcert
Fourth of July Celebrations
Red, White & Brew
July 2, 2016
7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
We are kicking off the Fourth of July celebrations at Georgia Aquarium with Red White and Brew! Celebrate on July 2nd with unlimited beer, food provided by Wolfgang Puck, live music by The Regulars Band and of course thousands of aquatic species. Red White & Brew will be held in the Oceans Ballroom, with views of our beluga whales, manta rays and whale sharks. After dinner and drinks, head into the Aquarium and see our incredible animals, including our newest addition California sea lions!
This event is for our guests 21 and over. For more information or to purchase tickets to Red White and Brew, click here.
July 4, 2016
7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Head over to Georgia Aquarium this Fourth of July for our Funbelievable Fourth celebration! The night will kick off at 7 p.m. in the Oceans Ballroom with a stunning view of beluga whales, whale sharks and manta rays all while enjoying summertime beverages and desserts. Later in the night the fun will be brought to the top of Georgia Aquarium’s parking deck for carnival games, arts and crafts and a live DJ. Don’t forget your chairs and blankets for the Centennial Olympic fireworks show at 9:40 p.m.!
For more information or to purchase tickets to Funbelievable Fourth, click here.
Sips Under the Sea
August 12, 2016
Sips Under the Sea is a unique cocktail party for adults to enjoy Georgia Aquarium after hours with your family, friends or significant other. You'll have the entire Aquarium to yourself while enjoying cocktails, tapas and entertainment. Guests have the opportunity to be VIP for an extra fee or VIP with an overnight combo to get the chance to sleep under the sea next to one of our world-class exhibits!
For more information about Sips Under the Sea, ticket options and to purchase tickets, click here.
ABOUT GEORGIA AQUARIUM
Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that contains more than 10 million gallons of water and has the largest collection of aquatic animals. Georgia Aquarium’s mission is to be a scientific institution that entertains and educates, features exhibits and programs of the highest standards, and offers engaging and exciting guest experiences that promote the conservation of aquatic biodiversity throughout the world. Georgia Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums. For additional information, visit www.georgiaaquarium.org.