ATLANTA (January 7, 2016) – Georgia Aquarium is celebrating the winter season with “Winter Fest,” a series of events in January and February that will include themed celebrations and entertainment, wintry food and drink options, and ticket discounts. Now until March, guests can see a new dolphin training experience in the AT&T Dolphin Tales Theater as Georgia Aquarium prepares for a new dolphin presentation set to debut in March of this year.
“As we begin our 10th year celebration, we want people to come back often to see what’s new. We think our guests will love these new experiences and we look forward to seeing new faces in the Aquarium as well,” said Kristie Ray, director of marketing and promotions.
New events and activities scheduled for Winter Fest include:
- Party with the Penguins: Celebrate Penguin Awareness Day at Georgia Aquarium! On Jan. 23, enjoy a free screening of “Penguins of Madagascar” at 9:30 a.m., and at 11 a.m. enjoy interactive event for all ages to celebrate African penguins, an endangered species the Aquarium is helping to preserve. Guests will also meet the Aquarium’s new “spokespenguins,” the Waddlesworths!
- Sips Under the Sea: Join Georgia Aquarium for a Hollywood glam pre-Oscar party on Feb. 26. Come dressed up to celebrate award-winning movies and an award-winning aquarium at this special 21-and-up event!
- Thursday Nights at Georgia Aquarium: Enjoy live music, tapas plates and bars featuring local winter craft brews every Thursday night from 5 to 8 p.m. during January and February.
- Sweet and savory winter goodies: Warm up once inside the Aquarium with bread soup bowls in Oceans Food Market, and enjoy new s’mores flavored popcorn, s’mores in a bag, and a hot chocolate bar at Café Aquaria.
- Toddler Time: Enjoy a fun and educational event in Georgia Aquarium’s Oceans Ballroom with your little one on Monday, Feb. 1. Meet and learn about an approachable animal during a special introduction to marine life, enjoy a costumed character appearance, story time, craft activities and a small snack.
- Behind the Seas Tours: Explore what it takes to run one of the world’s largest aquariums and get closer to the animals on a Behind the Seas tour, now with new schedules and tour length, and for only $15!
Winter Fest also will feature several ways to save on ticket purchases, including:
- Me and Mommy ticket offer, featuring general admission entry for an adult and up to four children, ages 5 and under, for only $39.95 plus tax. This offer is valid Monday through Thursday until March 31.
- Visit Georgia Aquarium for Imagination Nights after 4 p.m. and save over 40 percent on general admission ticket purchases.
- Save 25 percent on general admission tickets to visit in January and February when purchased 30 days in advance by Jan. 29.
- Save 20 percent on all general admission tickets purchased in advance online or through the Call Center.
ABOUT GEORGIA AQUARIUM
Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that contains more than 10 million gallons of water and has the largest collection of aquatic animals. Georgia Aquarium’s mission is to be a scientific institution that entertains and educates, features exhibits and programs of the highest standards, and offers engaging and exciting guest experiences that promote the conservation of aquatic biodiversity throughout the world. Georgia Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums. For additional information, visit www.georgiaaquarium.org.